We can help with installation, configuration, customization and training
Archiving for email, files and calendars
GFI Archiver archives emails, files and calendar entries. Its File Archiving Assistant (FAA) enables you to share files between users and store them centrally and safely without relying on online storage providers.
Secure archiving for compliance
Minimize legal risk. Archive emails and files in their original state – in a central, tamper-proof store – to help with compliance, e-discovery and internal investigations.
Identify business issues
Your archive is an incredible source of business intelligence. Identify legal risks and manage productivity with reports that draw from the business-critical information in your archive.
Improve server performance
Reduce the load on Exchange Server, increasing efficiency and providing your users with a virtually unlimited mailbox.
Secure archiving for compliance
Store emails and documents centrally in a tamper-proof store to help with compliance, e-discovery and internal investigations.
Instant access wherever you are
Users can instantly find and retrieve lost or deleted emails and documents in the office or on the move.
Eliminate PST files
When you automatically archive your email history to a central, easily accessible store, there is no need to rely on cumbersome PST files.
Easy search and restore
You can store emails and documents in a way that makes them easy to search and restore to their original format.
Identify business issues
Identify legal risks and manage productivity through reports based on the business critical information held in your email archive.
- Minimum: Intel Pentium or compatible – 2GHz 32 bit processor.
- Recommended: x64 architecture-based server with Intel 64 architecture or AMD64 platform.
- Minimum: 1GB RAM (dedicated to GFI Archiver)
- Recommended: 3GB RAM (dedicated to GFI Archiver)
- Minimum: 400MB physical disk space (NTFS) for GFI Archiver installation. More space is required for the email databases.
- Recommended: Server with 4 physical drives, with the ability to increase storage space on demand when required.
Supported operating systems (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2008
Supported operating systems (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 (including R2)
- Windows Server 2008 (including R2)
- Windows SBS 2011
- Windows SBS 2008
NOTE: The server on which GFI Archiver is installed needs to be a domain controller (Active Directory) or connected to one. Alternatively GFI Directory should be installed.
Supported mail servers
- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 (incl. service packs)
- Other mail servers supporting IMAP (with journaling-like feature)
- Office 365
- Kerio Connect
- G Suite™ (formerly Google Apps for Business)
- SQL Server 2005 or later. SQL Server 2012 Express is highly recommended for organizations. Not included with GFI Archiver installation and is required to be installed as a separate process.
- Firebird – for evaluating organizations with fewer than 25 email users. (This database is bundled and automatically configured by GFI Archiver.)
Other required components
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, 4.5 or 4.6
- ASP.Net 4.0, 4.5 or 4.6
- Internet Information Services (IIS) – World Wide Web services
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8 or later, Mozilla® Firefox®, Chrome™, or Safari®
- Domain Functional level: 2003 onwards
- Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 – When GFI Archiver is not installed on the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server. [Download]
Click here for a full list of system requirements for GFI Archiver.
GFI Archiver client tools system requirements
Browse the GFI Archiver knowledge base.
GFI Archiver online demo guide
Guide on evaluating the GFI Archiver online demo
Best practices: Strategies for boosting your practice’s information immunity
Physicians know how to treat human-borne viruses but are often unprepared to deal with the ones disseminated by computers. These threats, which carry legal, financial and public relations consequences, must be managed effectively to protect your practice and its patients.
Email archiving: There’s more to archiving than keeping copies of old emails
Email is the lifeblood of modern business, without which productivity and day-to-day communications soon break down. Incidents such as the failure of BlackBerry® maker RIM’s back-end systems which crippled millions of BlackBerry email smartphones serve as an easy reminder of just how important email is today.
An important tool to enhance your success with GFI MailArchiver
Guide on evaluating GFI Archiver
Archiving technologies: Email management, compliance, stubbing and journaling
Email archiving is no longer an option for organizations and the key to a successful implementation is choosing the right email archiving technology for that organization.
Going beyond Exchange 2010: Why it pays to have a dedicated email archiving solution
Why do you need a dedicated email archiving solution? If you have migrated to Microsoft Exchange 2010, would the in-built archiving functionality not suffice? Offloading your email archiving needs to a dedicated, central repository not only results in improved server performance but provides the organization and its users with greater accessibility to email than ever before.
GFI and FB Security Group does not do any form of refund. We encourage and highly recommend that you take advantage of their “Try before you buy” policy: Use the 30-day free trial period to thouroughly test and evaluate the product before purchasing.